Reviewing and discussing Lana Del Rey’s forthcoming album Honeymoon, CHVRCHES’ Every Open Eye, Ryan Adams Taylor Swift cover album 1989, Dr. Dre’s Compton, Ghost latest LP and Melanie Martinez Cry Baby.
Louise declares why and how she quit on Lenny Kravitz, why the online record store Boomkat is avant-garde but cool and Staffan explains why Swedish House Mafia’s music is both hilariously stupid and quite smart at the same time. As always, there’s also a bunch of track recommendations and rants. And finally, we got new microphones.
We also announce our mixtape competition, A Mixtape To Impress, which we’re very excited about. To enter, simply visit this page. We’ll announce the winner on the next episode, which is due out on September 1st.
- The Barbarians – Are You A Boy or Are You A Girl?
- Melanie Martinez – Sippy Cup
- Rosie Lowe – Who’s That Girl?
- Dolor – Our Number
- Angelic Milk – Rebel Black
- Margot & The Nuclear So And So’s – Hello, San Francisco
- Fatboy Slim – Praise You (Maribou State Remix)
- Ed Harcourt – The Birds Will Sing For Us
Header Photo by Daniel Carlsten